Police Blotter: Sept. 28 – Oct. 3, 2011
9/28 – Medical Emergency – Athletics called and reported an ambulance was needed at Joe Walton Stadium for a student having an allergic reaction. Valley Ambulance transported the student to Sewickley Hospital for further treatment.
9/29 - Welfare Check – This department was asked to do a welfare check on a student residing in Concord Hall by a parent. Officers went to the room and found the student sleeping. The student was advised to contact their parent and advise that all is well.
9/29 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Ross Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, the third floor had a light haze of smoke throughout it. It was determined that a resident put food in a microwave and left the room. No damage was caused, and the alarm system was reset.
9/30 – Theft – A student reported someone taking his jacket and cell phone from Romo’s Café. The cameras will be reviewed in an attempt to locate a suspect or suspects.
10/1 – Assist Another Agency – Moon Township Police requested assistance with a party at an off campus location that contained RMU students. Officers assisted Moon Police Department and several students were cited for underage drinking by their department.
10/1 – Assist Another Agency – Coraopolis Police requested a female officer to assist in searching a female prisoner. An officer responded and assisted without incident.
10/1 – Departmental Information – While patrolling the Colonial Way lot an officer viewed a vehicle with severe damage. The officer contacted the owner, found that he was involved in an accident the night prior, and drove the vehicle back to campus.
10/1 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel.
10/2 - Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Lexington Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was the residents’ cooking. Officers reset the alarm panel.
10/2 – Medical Emergency – A resident student in Salem Hall called and advised that her roommate passed out. Officers responded and the student who passed out was awake but unsure as to what happened. The roommates transported the victim to Sewickley Hospital to be checked out by a doctor. The Area Coordinator on duty was notified of this information.
10/3 – Trouble Alarm – Guardian advised of a trouble alarm activated in Adams Hall. Officers checked the building with negative results and notified maintenance of the trouble and to have Guardian check on the system.
10/3 – Trouble Alarm – Guardian advised this department of a fire alarm activated in Lexington Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel.
10/3 – Welfare Check – A parent called and requested a welfare check on his/her son. Officers checked on the student, all was well, and they advised him to contact his parents to let them know the same.