BREAKING NEWS: Beehler to become next president of Jacksonville State University

Delaney Hassell, News Editor

President Gregory Dell’Omo announced in an email today that John Beehler, dean of the School of Business at Robert Morris University, will become the 12th president of Jacksonville State University in Alabama on July 1.

Beehler became the dean for the School of Business back in 2013. He headed the school as it renewed it accreditation by AACSB International, placing RMU among the top five percent of business schools worldwide. Beehler led the School of Business through a comprehensive strategic planning process and update of its Assurance of Learning Program.

While dean, Beehler established two new annual events at RMU. The first being Business Week which features activities that are designed to prepare students for their future occupations. The second being the Celebration of Excellence, which honors the school’s outstanding students, faculty, and staff. This event also initiates new members into Beta Gamma Sigma, the top honorary society for students at AACSB-accredited business schools. The Beta Gamma Sigma key monument in the in the Rudolph Family Gardens outside the School of Business Building was installed thanks to Beehler.

“I have asked Provost David Jamison to work with the faculty and staff in the School of Business to ensure a smooth transition as John takes his leave from RMU. David will coordinate with the Board of Trustees a nationwide search for the next dean,” Dell’Omo said in an email.