The news site of Robert Morris University

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

Female Student Athlete of the Week: Ashley Ravelli

Women’s basketball freshman Ashley Ravelli helped the Colonials split a two game road trip in Brooklyn, New York. The Colonials defeated Long Island University, 61-59, but fell in double overtime to St. Francis (N.Y.), 67-63.

“I think we played hard, pretty well, too. I’m just proud of my team. Even though we lost our last game on Monday against St. Francis (N.Y.) after two overtimes, I’m just really proud of my team,” she said. “I think we played really good and gave everything we had.”

Ravelli averaged 15 points between the two games, including a go-ahead three pointer with less than one minute to play against LIU Brooklyn that eventually led to the Colonials’ victory.

“The ball just got to me and I shot it. I felt it, it was right, and it went in. That’s it. I was just happy for me and for my team,” said Ravelli.

Coming up this weekend, the Colonials take on Wagner, followed by Saint Francis (PA), both at the Sewall Center.

“We’ll definitely work hard during the week. We’re ready to play and we’re determined and we want to win, and hopefully we’ll win both games,” said Ravelli.