The news site of Robert Morris University

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer

Bailey is a sophomore Communication major with a concentration in Journalism. She is a staff writer for “The Sentry,” focusing on sports. In addition to writing for the newspaper, Bailey is a member of the Society for Collegiate Journalists, the National Society for Collegiate Scholars, the RMU marching and pep bands, as well as Kappa Kappa Psi.

All content by Bailey Neale
The major problem

The major problem

Natalie O'Neil, Bailey Neale, and Mylana Churilla October 26, 2014

The academic offerings at Robert Morris University may be leading to lower female enrollment. Despite recent efforts by the university to even out the percentage between male and female undergraduate students, the student body remains 56 percent male...

WLMP gets a new perspective of Pink

WLMP gets a new perspective of “Pink”

Bailey Neale, Contributor October 14, 2014
The Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program offers a new look at an old philanthropy.
RMU focuses on Title IX

RMU focuses on Title IX

Bailey Neale, Contributor September 30, 2014

Beginning this semester, Robert Morris University student leaders and faculty members will undergo Title IX training. The university wants both groups familiar with the law and its requirements. The training sessions began on Sept. 15, and will continue...

Cross Country squad finishes 8th in second meet of the season

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer September 16, 2013

On Saturday, the Robert Morris Cross Country teams competed in the Furman Invitational in Greenville, South Carolina, where each squad placed eighth among the nine Division I competitors. The women were led by Marissa Polk, a junior, who posted a time...

Female Student-Athlete of the Week; Kristen DiCiocco

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer March 7, 2013

This past weekend, the Robert Morris University women’s ice hockey team swept Lindenwood in the first round of the College Hockey America tournament, thanks, in large part, to Kristen DiCiocco's performance in the net. “There were some pretty...

Male Student Athlete of the Week: Cody Wydo

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer February 28, 2013

Over the weekend, the Robert Morris men’s ice hockey squad earned a crucial sweep against Canisius, winning 4-2 on Friday night, and 6-3 the following evening. The Colonials were led by sophomore forward Cody Wydo. "It was a big two games for us....

Female Student Athlete of the Week:Kristen DiCiocco

This past weekend, Robert Morris women’s ice hockey swept Penn State, winning 4-1 on Friday night, followed by a 4-2 victory on Saturday evening. The Colonials were led by senior net-minder Kristen DiCiocco. "The team played awesome. We were able...

Male Student Athlete of the Week: Adam Brace

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer February 8, 2013

Men’s hockey senior forward Adam Brace surpassed 100 career points with a four point game in the Colonials 7-4 victory over Sacred Heart on Saturday, Feb. 1. Brace, a nominee for the Hobey Baker award, fueled the Colonials victory by recording a goal...

Female Student Athlete of the Week: Ashley Ravelli

Women’s basketball freshman Ashley Ravelli helped the Colonials split a two game road trip in Brooklyn, New York. The Colonials defeated Long Island University, 61-59, but fell in double overtime to St. Francis (N.Y.), 67-63. “I think we played...

Male Student Athlete of the Week: Lucky Jones

Bailey Neale, Staff Writer January 28, 2013

This week’s male student athlete of the week is Lucky Jones who was chosen for his excellent performances as the RMU's men's basketball team extended its winning streak to six games by knocking off both Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac. Jones was part...

Female Student Athlete of the Week: Bethany Ledford

Last weekend, sophomore Bethany Ledford led the Robert Morris Colonials indoor track team as they competed at the Gene Edmonds Cup at Purdue University. Ledford tied an indoor school record by reaching a height of 3.55 meters. “It was great. There...

Comments (0)

All RMU Sentry Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest