The news site of Robert Morris University

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

RMU Sentry Media

Leah Fleischel

Leah Fleischel, Social Media Editor

A junior communications major with a concentration in journalism and a focus in media studies, Leah is the Editor-in-Chief of RMU Sentry Media. She is also the producer and former anchor of RMU-Live and is on the social media desk for Trending Now. She has served as the producer of Colonial SportsCenter for 2013-2014, winning a Communicator Award of Distinction for that year, as well as doing on-camera and behind the scenes work for the show.

Leah currently is working on her undergraduate thesis, studying the effects of social media on news consumption.

Outside of RMU Sentry Media, she is a member of the University Honors Program and the Society for Collegiate Journalists. She is in the process of founding the Robert Morris University Chapter of She's the First - a non-profit organization dedicated to funding the education of girls in low-income countries.

All content by Leah Fleischel

Colonial Sports Center | November 19, 2015

Leah Fleischel and Hayley Sawyer November 19, 2015

Colonial Sports Center live from the RMU TV station in Moon, PA.

Traveling home for Thanksgiving? Avoid Parkway East if possible

Leah Fleischel, Social Media Editor November 18, 2015

If you have to travel on the Parkway East at all to make the trip home for Thanksgiving break, you’ll want to allow yourself extra time or consider an alternate route. The Pittsburgh Department of Public Works and PennDOT announced a full weekend...

RMU Live | November 9th, 2015

RMU Live on the Campus of Robert Morris University

RMU Live | November 2nd, 2015

RMU Live from the RMUTV Studio on the Campus of Robert Morris University

RMU Live | October 26th, 2015

RMU Live | October 26th, 2015 from the RMU TV Studio.

RMU Live | October 19th, 2015

RMU Live broadcast live from the RMU TV studio.

RMU Live | October 12th, 2015

Eddie Sheehy, Leah Fleischel, and Ben Kelkis October 12, 2015

RMU rowing head coach dies after lung disease complications

Leah Fleischel, Social Media Editor September 28, 2015

Robert Morris University announced Monday that rowing head coach Midge McPhail, 50, died Saturday. McPhail had lung disease caused by complications from Sjögren's Syndrome. Craig Coleman, director of athletics, released the following statement: "Midge...

Presidential search in final stages, announcement expected in upcoming weeks

Presidential search in final stages, announcement expected in ‘upcoming weeks’

Leah Fleischel, Social Media Editor August 24, 2015

The search for the next president of Robert Morris University is its final stages, according to a recent email from Gary Claus, board chair. Claus said the board is "thrilled with the pace and progress of the search process, as well as with the quality...

RMU Freshman FAQ

RMU Freshman FAQ

Leah Fleischel and Eddie Sheehy July 31, 2015

Entering your freshman year of college is one of the most exciting times of your life! We know it also can be one of the most stressful - we’ve been there!  There’s so much uncertainty surrounding this new chapter in your life, and it can get very...

Lucky Jones signs contract with Liége Basketball in Belgium

Leah Fleischel, Social Media Editor July 7, 2015

Former Robert Morris men's basketball star Lucky Jones signed a professional contract Tuesday and will continue his basketball career overseas. Jones signed with Liége Basket of the Scooore League, which is the Basketball League Belgium (BLB)...

Erik Stein, former area coordinator for residence life, dies at 38

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief May 22, 2015

Erik Stein, a former area coordinator within the office of residence life, died Wednesday in his home, according to his obituary on TribLIVE. He was 38 and had recently become the assistant director of residence life at Edinboro University. Erik...

School of Business names Dr. Lois Bryan interim dean

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief May 21, 2015

Robert Morris University has named Dr. Lois Bryan, professor of accounting, interim dean of the School of Business effective June 1, 2015. She will succeed John Beehler, who became the dean of the School of Business in 2013. Beehler is leaving Robert...

SCIS selects AnnMarie LeBlanc as new dean

Robert Morris University has selected AnnMarie LeBlanc as the new dean of the School of Communications and Information Systems, effective July 1. She will succeed Barbara Levine, associate professor of communication, who has been dean of SCIS since...

Police, fire crews respond to dumpster fire near residence halls

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief May 1, 2015

A dumpster caught fire around midnight Saturday near Washington and Concord halls on campus. Fire crews responded to the scene and were able to extinguish the flames within approximately 15 minutes. Dumpster fires at the end of the academic year...

BREAKING: Provost David Jamison named as interim President

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief April 14, 2015

RMU Board Chair Gary Claus announced Tuesday that the Board of Trustees has appointed Provost David L. Jamison, J.D. as the Interim President of Robert Morris University effective June 30, 2015. Jamison will lead RMU until a new president is installed...

Board gives fundraising for new event center green light

Leah Fleischel and Hannah Smith April 14, 2015

Related: RMU Event Center Update UPDATE: As of Monday, the RMU Board of Trustees has approved the plans to fund raise approximately $50 million to build a new event center. "As we pursue donations for this building...we're not going to be getting...

University reveals plans for solid gold DellOmo statue

University reveals plans for solid gold Dell’Omo statue

Leah Fleischel April 1, 2015

On this April Fool's Day, RMU Sentry Media has learned of new plans to build a statue of Dr. Gregory Dell'Omo next to Bronze Bob. However, bronze will simply not suffice. The statue will be entirely made of gold. Though Dell'Omo has said he does...

Valentines Day gifts you can do in less than 24 hours

Valentine’s Day gifts you can do in less than 24 hours

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 13, 2015

If you've clicked the link to this article, chances are you are a part of the thousands that will be running out to the store either tonight (or tomorrow if you really feel like living life on the edge). Maybe Valentine's Day isn't your favorite holiday...

RMU Levels Up password security for students

RMU “Levels Up” password security for students

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 9, 2015

Students at RMU will now have to change their password once every 60 days starting in a couple of weeks. Level Up, the new awareness initiative created by the Information Technology (IT) department at RMU to ensure students follow the new policy and...

RMU honors Allegheny Conferences dedication to Pittsburgh with documentary

RMU honors Allegheny Conference’s dedication to Pittsburgh with documentary

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 23, 2015

Pittsburgh has long shed its image as a polluted industrial city and blossomed into one of the most livable cities in the country, as well as a hub for technology, health care, and education. It has even been called a model city for others looking to...

Wolf plans to help PA prosper as new governor

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 20, 2015

It takes a lot to unseat an incumbent governor, and Tom Wolf is the first to perform that feat in almost 40 years. This accomplishment takes popularity amongst voters, but according to a recent poll by Mercyhurst University, Wolf also has their trust. 69...

Eight things traditional college students take for granted

Leah Fleischel, Blogger October 16, 2014

Here we are, halfway through the semester looking at the end of week 8. While most college students are taking midterms, it's just another week at work for me and other full-time interns. Try to keep your envy to a minimum, because one of the things I've...

New city, new perspectives

New city, new perspectives

Leah Fleischel, Staff Writer September 16, 2014

So I can't believe I'm just getting to my second blog post now. I used to post on student media almost every day, and now I haven't had time in twenty-seven days? Alright, so maybe I've had half an hour here or there - but not much more. The truth is,...

Owning the Interview

Owning the Interview

Leah Fleischel, Staff Writer August 20, 2014

Hey everyone! Welcome to my blog, and thanks for reading. Before I can talk about work, I've got to talk about how I landed my internship. Like any job, you've got to make a great first impression and ace the interview with flying colors. I’ve done...

President Obama, shown here during his visit to the Mon Valley in January, speaks at the CCAC West Hills campus on Wednesday afternoon.

President Obama Picks Pittsburgh as Place with “Opportunity For All”

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief April 15, 2014

President Barack Obama is back for more of the Steel City just over two months after visiting Mon Valley Steel Works in West Mifflin to promote his myRA program to the people of Pittsburgh. His focus during his visit on Wednesday at the CCAC...

Variety of government officials visit RMU to encourage voting

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief April 5, 2014

To kick off the RMU Voter Registration Drive, six local politicians came to campus to speak at the Rogal Family Chapel on April 4 to emphasize the importance of voting and voter involvement. The panelists included State Sen. Matt Smith; State Rep. Mark...

Look Good Naked: Two is better than one

Look Good Naked: Two is better than one

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief April 4, 2014

Having a partner in crime in your mission to get fit is always a good idea. For the days you'd rather lie in bed, you officially have someone responsible for dragging you out of it. One of the best qualities you can look for in your fitness partner is...

Look Good Naked: Power Poses

Look Good Naked: Power Poses

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 29, 2014

Being healthy and in shape is not all about how you look (name of the blog aside), it is more about how you feel.  Over 16 million people have watched the TED talk by social psychologist Amy Cuddy on power poses, but many still don’t know the advantages...

Dr. Purohit accepts CDIO position

Dr. Purohit accepts CDIO position

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 25, 2014

In an e-mail announcement that came from President Gregory Dell'Omo shortly after noon on Mar. 25, the RMU community was informed that Dr. Yasmin Purohit has accepted the offer for the position of Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer (CDIO) in Dell'Omo's...

Look Good Naked: Learning from the best

Look Good Naked: Learning from the best

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 21, 2014

Jillian Michaels’ brought her “Maximize Your Life” tour to the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh on Mar. 19 to an audience dying to know her secrets to health, fitness, and living a positive lifestyle. The presentation started out with a shocking...

Police Blotter 3/13/14 - 3/17/14

Police Blotter 3/13/14 – 3/17/14

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 18, 2014

3/13/14 - Recovered Property - A caller reported a backpack with a note on it in the lower Sewall parking lot.  Officers retrieved the backpack, which belonged to a student on the track team.  The bag will be stored at Barry Center until the owner...

Police Blotter 3/4/14 - 3/10/14

Police Blotter 3/4/14 – 3/10/14

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 14, 2014

3/4/14 - Fire - Parkhurst advised of a grease fire in the Bistro at Wheatley Center.  Officers responded and extinguished the fire without incident.  Maintenance was advised of the incident. (Closed) 3/5/14 - Student Conduct - Officer’s intervened...

The natural beauty and tropical feel of Phipps conservatory provides the perfect solution to the winter blues for those living in the Pittsburgh area

[Photo] Phipps Conservatory Is a Pittsburgh Treasure

March 8, 2014

Look Good Naked: Music can be magic

Look Good Naked: Music can be magic

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief March 7, 2014

Sometimes there’s no way around it, working out is just a drag. My biggest problem on the treadmill somedays is scrolling through my iPhone endlessly to find something to motivate me to go the distance. Pandora doesn’t always read my mind (plus commercials...

Look Good Naked: The art of running

Look Good Naked: The art of running

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 28, 2014

You can do Zumba, yoga, cross-fit, P90-X, and every workout you find online or in magazines; but nothing is as good for you as running. After all, it is so simple. You lace up your shoes, put on your workout clothes, throw earbuds in with a killer playlist...

BREAKING: President DellOmo to remain at RMU

BREAKING: President Dell’Omo to remain at RMU

Leah Fleischel and Hannah Smith February 27, 2014

According to Robert Morris University, President Gregory Dell'Omo has withdrawn his name for consideration from La Salle University. “I wish LaSalle University the very best as their search continues,” said Dell’Omo who has been President at...

BREAKING NEWS: President DellOmo expected to leave RMU for La Salle

BREAKING NEWS: President Dell’Omo expected to leave RMU for La Salle

Jon Fisher, Leah Fleischel, and Hannah Smith February 27, 2014

UPDATE [2:40 p.m.] Robert Morris University has released a statement addressed to the campus community in regards to President Gregory Dell'Omo withdrawing his name from the consideration of becoming La Salle University's new president. “I wish...

Police Blotter 2/18/14 - 2/24/14

Police Blotter 2/18/14 – 2/24/14

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 26, 2014

2/18/14 - Accident - This department was advised of a minor accident in the parking lot at Yorktown Hall.  Both parties exchanged their information and a report was written for insurance purposes. (Closed) 2/18/14 - Smell of Marijuana - Residence...

Photo courtesy of Jonathan Potts

UPDATE: Revere Center crash cause determined; damage evaluated

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 24, 2014

It is estimated that just past 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 22, 2014 a car crashed into the Revere Center. The cause of the crash is not known at this time, and no comment was immediately available from officials on the scene. We will continue to update you as...

Officials were on the scene following a car crashing into the Revere Center this morning.

Car crashes into Revere Center

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 22, 2014

It is estimated that just past 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 22, a car crashed into the Revere Center. The cause of the crash is not known at this time, and no comment was immediately available from officials on the scene. We will continue to update you as this...

Look Good Naked: Its the little things

Look Good Naked: It’s the little things

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 21, 2014

As February rounds the corner and spring break is just weeks away, some of us on a mission to look good naked (or at least in our swimsuit) may be feeling crunched for time. Last week I told you what NOT to do in terms of cleanses and fad diets, so this...

Topping Town, located in Moon Plaza, recently opened; it is owned by two RMU graduates.

[Photo] Topping Town Brings Sweet Small Business to Moon Township

February 20, 2014

Look Good Naked: The truth about cleansing

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief February 14, 2014

At some point, everyone hits the frustration of their exercise regime or new diet just not working as well as they expected. We want results, and we want them fast. After all, we are making sacrifices like sore legs and abs after rough days at the gym...

Look Good Naked: Even when hibernating sounds better

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 31, 2014

So, it's been cold. And I can't think of anything that makes me want to exercise less than negative temperatures outside. Going to class is a chore in itself, which for me rules out spending as much time at the gym as I would like. Heck, it was cold enough...

President Barack Obama signs a memorandum for myRA at West Mifflin steel plant Wednesday.

President ensures plan hits home with hardworking city

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 29, 2014

President Barack Obama declared 2014 the “year of action” in his State of The Union address on Tuesday evening and promptly took to Mon Valley Steel Works just outside of Pittsburgh on Wednesday to reinforce that idea. Many of the actions the President...

President Obama wraps up visit

President Obama wraps up his visit to the Irvin plant in West Mifflin.

Look Good Naked: An introduction

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 24, 2014

Hi everyone! Welcome to "Look Good Naked". While the title undoubtedly brought you here, it is my hope that the content helps you and makes you stay. Looking good naked is about more than literally looking good naked (though who doesn't like that?). It's...

Photo Credit: (RMU Sentry Media)

RMU keeps moving forward with approved 2014-2018 Strategic Plan

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief January 13, 2014

It is no secret that RMU has had a successful past five years with constant expansion and improvement coming in great ways. These changes have proven to be a product of the Strategic Plan that was first implemented about six years ago. Now, the university...

From the Editors Desk: Reflecting on 2013 and looking forward to 2014

From the Editor’s Desk: Reflecting on 2013 and looking forward to 2014

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief December 31, 2013

2013 has been a great year for RMU Sentry Media, and a big year as well. We have been striving for a long time to define exactly what we are, and it took a while before we were really comfortable being something unique as far as college media goes....

SCJ raises over $5,000 to Balance Out Hunger in Pittsburgh

Leah Fleischel, News Editor December 12, 2013

To most students, the end of the semester means studying, projects, losing sleep and stress. To the Society for Collegiate Journalists (SCJ), it meant giving back to the community. Since 2010 when member Ryan Shaffer began a project called Balancing Out...

Remembering Dr. Crawley

Remembering Dr. Crawley

Leah Fleischel and Brooke Smith December 6, 2013

RMU Sentry Media would like to thank everyone who submitted comments and memories via e-mail or the website. Our thoughts continue to be with the Crawley family and all who were close to Dr. Rex Crawley. “Rex was the definition of kindness and class....

Photo retrieved from Dr. Rex Crawleys personal Facebook page

Arrangements for Dr. Rex Crawley set and open to RMU community

Leah Fleischel, News Editor November 26, 2013

Human resources released information on arrangements regarding the passing of Dr. Rex Crawley earlier today. Arrangements were sent to President Dell'Omo who passed on the information to the RMU community via e-mail. "I am personally grateful to Rex...

Changes coming to RMU Library

Changes coming to RMU Library

Leah Fleischel, News Editor November 15, 2013

Students received an e-mail early Friday afternoon regarding the changes coming to the library in the near future. The RMU Library’s main floor will be undergoing a renovation between the end of the Fall 2013 semester and the start of the Spring...

Academic Affairs announces RMU eTranscript service

Leah Fleischel, News Editor November 7, 2013

Sending out transcripts has become even more convenient for RMU students. Academic services introduced the new RMU eTranscript service on Tuesday in an e-mail sent by Lawrence Tomei, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. By going to rmu.edu/transcripts,...

New overnight parking policy in place for students

Leah Fleischel, News Editor October 22, 2013

The office of Student Life sent an e-mail on behalf of the RMU Public Safety Department on Oct. 22 regarding the amended overnight parking policy for students. The e-mail stated that the reason for the amendment was to "accommodate the academic and programming...

Past and present of Colonial Theatre come together for Rent: In Concert

Leah Fleischel, News Editor October 15, 2013

2013 marks the 10-year anniversary of the rebirth of the Robert Morris Colonial Theatre. In celebration, a special concert version of the Broadway Hit Rent: In Concert will be performed at Massey Theatre from Oct. 16 through 19 at 7:30 p.m. each night,...

George Papandreou

Pittsburgh Speaker Series kicks off with George Papandreou

Leah Fleischel, News Editor October 9, 2013

Former Prime Minister of Greece, George Papandreou, kicked off the Pittsburgh Speakers Series sponsored by Robert Morris University on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Papandreou was the Prime Minister of Greece from 2009 until 2011, and during his time he led the...

RMU putting documentary grant to use

RMU putting documentary grant to use

Leah Fleischel, News Editor October 1, 2013

In just a few decades, the city of Pittsburgh did a complete, 180 degree turn around from a grimy, smoky center for steel mills to the most livable city in the United States. Earlier this year, the Richard King (RK) Mellon Foundation awarded Robert Morris...

Submissions sought after for sixth annual Creepy Conference

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 17, 2013

Robert Morris University has students studying to become experts of a very wide range of topics. Once a year, those with expertise on vampires, werewolves, mutants, aliens, cannibals, zombies, witches, wizards and other creepy things of the sort have...

Ahmad Aljuryyed

RoMo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 15, 2013

Sunday, Sept. 15 Sorority Bid Day FYSP Kickball: 9 - 11 p.m. at Nicholson Center Front Lawn Men's Soccer at Canisius Women's Soccer at Cleveland State Field Hockey vs. Missouri State at Indiana Monday, Sept. 16 Student Organization...

9-11 Memorial

RMU helps ensure America “Never Forgets”

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 11, 2013

Every year, the College Republicans and College Democrats come together for one thing: the anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001. For years now, on Sept. 11 the Nicholson front lawn is decorated with 2,977 flags for every victim that fell on this day. Reflecting...

Sunset on the campus of Robert Morris University. Photo Credit: (RMU Sentry Media/Paul Wintruba)

RoMo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 8, 2013

Sunday, Sept. 8 Men's Soccer vs. Detriot @ NY Women's Soccer @ Howard Monday, Sept. 9 Commuter Reception: 5 - 8 p.m. at Hale Center Speaker Dan Gheesling: 7 p.m. at Massey Theatre Tuesday, Sept. 10 World Suicide Prevention Day Suicide...

Global Get Togethers offer great chance for connection

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 5, 2013

Robert Morris University has been increasing its global presence, both by bringing in students from different cultures and sending students of its own around the world. In honor of this, starting in February on each first Thursday of the month there has...

RoMo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor September 1, 2013

Here's what's happening on campus after students return from a long Labor Day weekend. Sunday, Sept. 1 - Hispanic Heritage Month - Sexual Assault Awareness Month  - Men's Soccer @ Rider - Women's Soccer vs. Bucknell: 1 p.m. - NAC Monday,...

Plan that built foundation will now pave way for stronger future

Leah Fleischel, News Editor August 23, 2013

Year after year, Robert Morris University makes leaps and bounds in transforming and further developing as a university. Comparing the 2007-2008 RMU to the 2013-2014 RMU is almost unthinkable because of how much has changed, but the reason this progress...

Welcome Home Class of 2017: New Student Orientation Schedule

Leah Fleischel, News Editor August 22, 2013

Today the biggest class in RMU history joins campus and begins their journey as making these 4 years as Colonials memorable. New student orientation is taking place at thousands of campuses across the nation, but RMU's lineup is stacked with both information...

RMU ResLife finds ways to escape housing bind

Leah Fleischel, News Editor July 3, 2013

Robert Morris University has transformed in countless ways over the past decade, and the largest of these is arguably the positive shift in on-campus experience and community from year to year. As a result, the 2013-2014 academic year is looking at higher...

English department professor Dr. Stephen Arch no longer RMU employee

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 30, 2013

Jonathan Potts, senior director of public relations at Robert Morris University, confirmed last Friday that English department adjunct professor Dr. Stephen Arch is no longer an RMU employee. Arch had taught at RMU as an adjunct professor since 2001,...

Robert Morris University Photo Credit: (RMU Sentry Media/Paul Wintruba)

Finals Frenzy

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 29, 2013

Along with finals comes opportunities for students to de-stress, and of course fuel up with free food offered throughout the week. The library will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday night. Tuesday, April 30 the Office...

Class Officers for 2013-2014 announced

Class Officers for 2013-2014 announced

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 22, 2013

The winners of the class officer elections are as follows:   Class of 2016 President - Matthew Corkery Vice President - Evyn Selden   Class of 2015 President - Christopher Kelley Vice President - Richard "Kamau" Njenga   Class...

RoMo’s RoundUp

Here's what's happening the week of April 22 before finals week hits at RMU! Monday April 22 Balancing out Hunger donations will be accepted throughout the week - Information in Rotunda 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and donations can be made at any food service...

RMU students go One Day Without Shoes

RMU students go “One Day Without Shoes”

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 16, 2013

Tuesday, April 16 was much like other days at Robert Morris University, and students even went through getting ready with their normal morning routines. Only one action had to be subtracted, and that was picking out and putting on a pair of shoes. This...

Survey says: Students want new Rec Center

Earlier in the semester, the entire student body was surveyed about the level of need and desire for a new recreation center. The survey informed students that this new addition would come at a cost of approximately an additional $50-$100 fee each semester...

RoMo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 14, 2013

Here’s what’s happening the week of April 15 at RMU, from class officer elections to musicals to students going barefoot!   Tuesday, April 16 Day Without Shoes - All day event across campus Open Mic Night - Nicholson Food Court -...

RoMo’s Roundup

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 7, 2013

Here's what's going on the week of April 7th at Robert Morris University, from Greek Week 2013 to giving blood and more! Sunday, April 7 Greek Week opening ceremony on Nicholson Front Lawn - 3:00 p.m. Greek week competitions: 4x4, Pyramid, Dizzy...

Adams claims Battle of the Halls championship title

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 6, 2013

Residence halls across campus this past week have been competing hard against each other to take home the championship title from 2013's Battle of the Halls. Students have lived side by side all year in their halls, but this competition tests how well...

Communication and Media Arts students put Creativity to Work

Leah Fleischel, News Editor April 3, 2013

For the past nine years, Communication, Media Arts, and English students have gotten the unique opportunity to not only network with potential employers and gain knowledge from people currently in their desired field, but also put their creativity to...

Romos RoundUp

Romo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 31, 2013

Here's what's happening the week of April 1 as everyone returns from the Easter holiday! Monday, April 1 Battle of the Halls begins this week - see Facebook event page for details on times and tournaments   Tuesday, April 2 Guest speaker...

Easter Break 2013

Easter Break 2013

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 28, 2013

There will be no classes tomorrow, Mar. 29, in observation of Good Friday and the Easter holiday. Hours of operation for various locations on campus open during the break are as follows: Romo's Cafe: Thursday, Mar. 28: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday,...

RHA to host 3rd annual Battle of The Halls competition

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 26, 2013

The third annual Battle of the Halls will take place April 1 through April 6 after students return from Easter Break. Halls are encouraged to gather members to compose teams to participate in the various events and competitions throughout the week. Points...

Romos RoundUp

Romo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 25, 2013

Monday, March 25 RMU vs. Providence Viewing Party at Latitude 40 begins at 5 p.m.   Tuesday, March 26 Lecture by Nadav Amir-Himmel, prize-winning composer and pianist, on his compositions and their relationship to work of Dali in Franklin...

Celebrating Communications at RMU

Celebrating Communications at RMU

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 20, 2013

On Wednesday, March 20, RMU's Department of Communication will be hosting approximately 125 high school students for the event, Celebrating Communication. The event will focus mainly on the first amendment and all the freedoms that journalists and the...

Celebrating RMUs astonishing victory over University of Kentucky.

March Madness? It Might as Well Have Been

Though the Robert Morris Men’s Basketball team failed to make the NCAA tournament after being predicted to do so, post season fever swept RMU on Sunday night when it was announced the University of Kentucky was coming to the Charles L. Sewall Center...

Romos RoundUp

Romo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 18, 2013

Here's what's going on at RMU the week of March 18th as everyone settles back in after spring break! Monday, Mar. 18 SGA Meeting 5 p.m. - Franklin 203 Tuesday, Mar. 19 Housing Contracts due Open Mic Night 8 p.m. - Nicholson Food Court NIT Robert...

RHA to host St. Patricks Day party

RHA to host St. Patrick’s Day party

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 13, 2013

The transition fromspring break back to school is a tough one, and this year this transition happens to occur on St. Patrick’s Day. This holiday is notorious for being a fun-filled one and typically involves going out and/or alcohol. At RMU, Residence...

Those Two Coveted Words: “You’re Hired!”

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 11, 2013

I have had the privilege of being at the CMA (College Media Association) conference with some of the upcoming best and brightest in the industry. I have been surrounded by people who possess talent, drive, and will bring so many great things to the media...

“Thinking Like an Editor” but on a Bigger Scale

The session “Thinking Like an Editor”, got me thinking before I even walked into the room, taught me a lot, then left me thinking long after I left. This was the first time I have attended an academic conference on a collegiate level, and it really...

SCJ in the Big Apple: CMA National Convention 2013

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 7, 2013

What do all of these acronyms mean? Robert Morris University’s Chapter of the Society for Collegiate Journalists (SCJ) is taking on New York City for the College Media Association’s 2013 Conference. Eleven students will be representing the club,...

Upcoming Pittsburgh Speaker Series: Vicente Fox

The next speaker in the Pittsburgh Speaker Series presented by Robert Morris University is Vicente Fox, President of Mexico from 2000-2006. He will be speaking at Heinz Hall on March 13 at 8:00 p.m. Students interested in obtaining tickets must go to...

RoMos RoundUp

RoMo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor March 3, 2013

Here’s what’s happening the week before spring Break at RMU!   Monday, March 4 OSCE Service Project: Light of Life - 3:50 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.   Tuesday, March 5 Colonial Auction - 9 p.m. - Massey Hall Open Mic Night - 9...

RMU celebrates Irish Heritage throughout March

Leah Fleischel, News Editor February 28, 2013

The RMU Irish Heritage Committee is taking the month of March to celebrate Irish Heritage since the month is already known for St. Patrick’s Day. The music, food, and storytelling throughout the month will be centralized around the “Legacy of Ireland”. March...

Delta Phi Epsilon to raise ANAD awareness all week

Leah Fleischel, News Editor February 25, 2013

Today, mirrors in women’s restrooms throughout campus were covered with paper that had inspirational quotes written on them. This was done by the Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority to kick off Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) awareness week. No...

Romos RoundUp

Romo’s RoundUp

Leah Fleischel, News Editor February 24, 2013

Welcome to another edition of RoMo's Roundup to jumpstart your week! Throughout this week, the sister of Delta Phi Epsilon will be raising awareness for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) as part of Eating Disorders Awareness Week with...

Friday marks beginning of Little Sibs weekend

Leah Fleischel, News Editor February 21, 2013

Friday night through Sunday, younger siblings of RMU students have a unique opportunity to spend the weekend on campus for Little Siblings Weekend. This year's theme is "Superheroes and Sidekicks", with the students being superheroes and their little...

RMU students looking to build relationship with Navajo Nation

Leah Fleischel, News Editor February 20, 2013

Dr. Karshner and Donna Anderson will be leading a 3-week Service-Learning trip to the Navajo Nation from May 12 through June 1.  The trip is in conjunction with two 8-week courses, Reading Myths (ELIT1060) and Comparative Philosophy (PHIL1020), that...

Comments (0)

All RMU Sentry Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest