SCIS selects AnnMarie LeBlanc as new dean

Leah Fleischel, Editor-in-Chief

Robert Morris University has selected AnnMarie LeBlanc as the new dean of the School of Communications and Information Systems, effective July 1.

She will succeed Barbara Levine, associate professor of communication, who has been dean of SCIS since 2008 and will return to the faculty.

LeBlanc comes to Robert Morris University from Kent State University, where she was interim dean of the College of Communication and Information.

LeBlanc joined the Kent State faculty in 2007 as director of its School of Visual Communication Design.

Previously, she taught at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, University of Michigan, Purdue University, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

LeBlanc’s areas of expertise include color theory and traditional and digital illustration.

Her work has been included in more than 50 national and international adjudicated exhibitions, a dozen solo or two-person exhibitions, and is in more than 300 private and corporate collections in the United States and abroad.

LeBlanc earned a master of fine arts degree from Bowling Green State University, a master of arts degree from Purdue University and completed her bachelor of fine arts at Louisiana University.