Breaking: Students displaced after C Tower fire

Back to Article
Back to Article

Breaking: Students displaced after C Tower fire

Hannah Smith, News Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Moon Township Fire Co. responded to a dorm fire early this morning in the C Tower of Washington Hall after a student knocked over a burning candle in the third-floor suite.

The flames occurred a little before 6 a.m. causing damage to the room. The rooms above and below the third-floor suite only received some smoke and water damage. No injuries were reported and the 10 students that were living in the suite have been relocated for the rest of the semester.

According to an email set to all students from the Office of the President, approximately 40 students are affected by the fire and Facilities is working to repair the damage, so that most of the students can return to their rooms Sunday night before returning to classes.

Res Life is contacting all the students who live in C Tower to explain retrieving belongings or getting compensated for any possible damages or loses.

The Office of Academic Affairs plans to work with all students and professors to make sure that academics are not affected due to any loss of class materials.

Students are not permitted to have candles in their rooms according to RMU policy. Campus officials have given no word to WPXI’s Dave Bondy, who was on scene, if any disciplinary actions will be taken against the students who had the candle.

Washington HallNick Buzzelli

Washington HallNick Buzzelli

Washington HallNick Buzzelli

Print Friendly, PDF & Email