Police Blotter: Oct. 30 – Nov. 7, 2011


10/30 – Property Damage – The university locksmith reported damage to a door in Concord Hall. The residents of the room were questioned and advised that one of them ran into it causing the damage.

11/01 – Accident – This department was advised of a motor vehicle accident in the Upper Massey parking lot. Minor damage was done to both vehicles, and both parties exchanged their information. A report was written for insurance purposes.

11/01 – Suspicious Incident – This department received a call about someone being on the roof of the Jefferson Center.  Officers responded and no one was on the roof upon their arrival.

11/02 – Department Information – A professor called and requested an officer stand by their class for a possible unruly student. Officers stood by and assisted without incident.

11/04 – Maintenance Requested – Parkhurst called and advised that one of the lights in Romo’s Café sparked. Officers responded with maintenance and it was determined that a valance burned out and needed to be replaced. The power was turned off to the lights until they are repaired.

11/04 – Medical Emergency – Valley Ambulance notified this department that they were sending an ambulance for a female who fell and possibly broke her ankle outside of the Student Center. The student was transported to North Hills Passavant Hospital for further treatment.

11/05 – Smell of Marijuana – This department was advised of a smell of marijuana coming from behind Monroe Hall. Officers checked the building inside and out with negative results.

11/05 – Assist Another Agency – North Fayette PD called requesting information on a student’s vehicle that was hit in the parking lot for Wal-Mart. The student’s information was given to the requesting officer.

11/05 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. The residents advised that they burned food. Officers reset the alarm panel.

11/06 – Welfare Check – A concerned mother called and requested we check on her son who she has not heard from in a couple of days. The son was located and advised to contact his mother.

11/06 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Adams Hall. Officers found the generator running, but the cooling fan was not. Maintenance was notified and corrected the problem.

11/06 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire/trouble alarm activated in Lafayette Center. Upon officers’ arrival, the alarm panel read normal. Maintenance was notified to check the fire system.

11/07 – Underage Drinking – This department was advised of a possible intoxicated male in Gallatin Hall. Officers made contact with the male who was issued a citation for underage drinking and taken to Coraopolis PD for lodging.