Fire Department responds to fire alarm in Monroe Hall

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fire Department responds to fire alarm in Monroe Hall

Malyk Johnson, Assistant News Manager

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The Moon Township Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Monroe Hall on Massey Way at around 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 26.

The fire alarm is said to have been set off in a student’s room. No damage to the dorm was found and no students were injured.

“We are not quite sure what happened,” said Ashley Haney, assistant director of Residence Life. “Just the alarm went off in a students room. There doesn’t seem to be any damage, students were not harmed, nobody was injured, so I think we’re good. Our number one concern is just to make sure our students are safe and today was a good day.”

This is the second fire alarm to have been set off in the first weeks of the 2017-18 academic year. For more information on fire safety, visit the RMU Public Safety Department page or the Residence Life page.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email