Police Blotter: Feb. 14 – Feb. 20, 2012

Police+Blotter%3A+Feb.+14+-+Feb.+20%2C+2012

2/14 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Officers responded and determined that the alarm was caused by burnt food. The alarm panel was reset. (Closed)

2/14 – Medical Emergency – Student Life reported a concern of the welfare of a student. The student was transported to Sewickley Valley Hospital by this department for evaluation. (Closed)

2/14 – Accident – A student reported they were involved in a hit and run accident on campus. Officers checked campus for the suspected vehicle with negative results. Pictures were taken of the damage to the victim’s vehicle and a report was written. (Open)

2/14 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in John Jay Center. Officers responded and found that a ball had hit the pull station and accidentally set off the alarm. The alarm was rest by the officers. (Closed)

2/14 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. The cause for the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel and cleared. (Closed)

2/14 – Smell of Marijuana – Residence Life advised of a smell of marijuana on the third floor of Lexington Hall. Officers checked the building but were unable to determine the location of the odor. (Closed)

2/15 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Joe Walton Stadium. The alarm was activated in the elevator control room. The room and building were checked with negative results. Maintenance was notified of the alarm. (Closed)

2/15 – Theft – An employee of Parkhurst reported money being taken from his wallet in the employee locker room. All pertinent information was taken from the employee and this incident is under investigation at this time. (Closed)

2/15 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause of the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel and cleared. (Closed)

2/15 – Smell of Marijuana – This department was advised of a smell of marijuana outside of Ross Hall. Officers responded and checked the area with negative results. (Closed)

2/16 – Fire – This department was advised of a poster that was burnt inside of Hancock Hall. Review of the cameras revealed a suspect in this incident. The suspect was identified and is being sent through the university’s Judicial Affairs department for judgment. (Closed)

2/17 – Student Conduct – This department was advised of loud noise and an odor of alcohol coming from a room in Hamilton Hall. Officers responded and found alcohol present in the room. Seven students were in the room and were advised that they would be sent through Judicial Affairs for judgment for an alcohol violation. (Closed)

2/17 – Theft – This department was advised of a theft from a locker room at the Island Sports Center. This case is under investigation at this time. (Open)

2/17 – Medical Emergency – The nurse’s officer reported a student suffering from chest pains. Valley Ambulance was contacted and transported the student to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/17 – Student Conduct – Residence Life reported a party in Salem Hall with possible underage students involved. Officers responded and found three underage students present in the room. The students were advised that they will be sent through Judicial Affairs for judgment for an alcohol violation. (Closed)

2/18 – Medical Emergency – A patron attending a basketball game at Sewall Center fell in the arena hitting her nose on the floor, which began to bleed. Valley Ambulance was contacted and determined that the female needed transported to Sewickley Valley Hospital for treatment. (Closed)

2/18 – Missing Property – A student reported their RMU band jacket missing from the third floor laundry room in Concord Hall. The cameras will be reviewed in an attempt to locate the missing jacket. (Open)

2/19 – Disturbance – This department advised of what sounded like an argument going on in Hamilton Hall. Officers responded and were met with the residents of the room and an RA. They were advised it was a misunderstanding that the RA was handling the situation. (Closed)

2/19 – Fire Alarm – Guardian advised of a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was the residents’ cooking. Officers reset the alarm panel. (Closed)

2/19 – Medical Emergency – A student using the John Jay Gym popped out his knee while playing basketball. Upon officers’ arrival, the student advised that his knee went back into place and was not in need of medical attention. (Closed)

2/19 – Trespass Warning – Residence Life called and advised of a male non-student who refused to leave a room in Adams Hall. Officers responded and gave the male a trespass warning and followed him off campus. (Closed)

2/20 – Lost Property – A student reported his wallet missing somewhere between the Hale Center and Massey Hall. The student called back later and advised that he found the wallet. (Closed)

2/20 – Trouble Alarm – Guardian advised of a trouble alarm activated in the Media Arts House. The cause for the alarm is a phone line fault. Maintenance was advised to put in a work order for the alarm. (Closed)