Police Blotter: Feb. 7 – Feb. 13, 2012

Police+Blotter%3A+Feb.+7+-+Feb.+13%2C+2012

2/7 – Gas Leak – This department was advised of a cylinder leaking Argon gas in the John Jay Center. Officers and maintenance responded and found that the cylinder had stopped bleeding off. The building was vacant at the time of this incident. (Closed)

2/7 – Student Conduct – Residence Life reported a harassment incident in Washington Hall. Officers arrived and spoke with all parties involved and advised them to stop any further communication. All parties agreed and were advised that they will be sent through Judicial Affairs for their actions. (Closed)

2/7 – Medical Emergency – This department was advised of a female who passed out at the John Jay annex. Valley Ambulance was contacted and transported the female to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/8 – Medical Emergency – Valley Ambulance reported that they were sending an ambulance to the Jefferson Center for a male with chest pains. Valley Ambulance transported the student to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/8 – Medical Emergency – The nurse’s office advised of a female student suffering from severe abdominal pain. Valley Ambulance was contacted and transported the student to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/8 – Departmental Information – A student reported falling and hurting their knee in the Colonial Way parking lot due to icy conditions. The student did not request any medical treatment at the time of the call. Maintenance was advised to salt the parking lot. (Closed)

2/9 – Medical Emergency – This department was advised of a female possibly having a seizure in Adams Hall. Valley Ambulance was contacted and transported the female to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/9 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Upon officers ‘arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel. (Closed)

2/9 – Welfare Check – A concerned parent called and requested officers to check on his/her daughter. Officers responded and spoke with the female until the parent arrived on campus to take her home for the weekend. (Closed)

2/10 – Medical Emergency – A student called and reported that he/she was sick to his/her stomach and had previously seen the school nurse. The student was asked if he/she wanted an ambulance and refused. The student was advised to contact this department if he/she changed his/her mind or his/her condition worsened. (Closed)

2/10 – Medical Emergency – This department was advised of a male passed out in the kitchen at the Nicholson Student Center. Valley Ambulance was contacted and transported the male to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

2/12 – Underage Drinking – Residence Life reported an intoxicated female in Hancock Hall. Officers responded to the room in question and found alcohol present in the room along with three occupants. All three occupants were cited for underage drinking, and one was lodged at the Coraopolis Police Department due to the level of intoxication. (Closed)

2/12 – Departmental Information – A student reported receiving inappropriate phone calls from a blocked number. The student advised that he/she only wanted to file a report of the incident at this time. All pertinent information was obtained and a report was written. (Closed)

2/12 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. The cause for the alarm was burnt food, and officers reset the alarm panel. (Closed)

2/13 – Access Device Fraud – A student reported fraudulent withdrawals being made with a lost debit card at ATM machines on campus. All pertinent information was received from the student and this incident is under investigation at this time. The cameras at the ATM locations will be reviewed to identify a suspect or suspects in this matter. (Open)

2/13 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reported a fire alarm activated in Concord Hall. Upon officers’ arrival, it was determined that the cause for the alarm was burnt food. Officers reset the alarm panel and cleared. (Closed)

2/13 – Trouble Alarm – Guardian advised of a phone line trouble alarm coming from the Media Arts building. Maintenance was notified of the alarm. (Closed)