Police Blotter: Sept. 12 – Sept. 19, 2012

Police+Blotter%3A+Sept.+12+%E2%80%93+Sept.+19%2C+2012

9/12 – Medical Emergency – A student from Salem Hall called reporting extreme back pain. Valley Ambulance was dispatched and transported the student to Sewickley Valley Hospital for further treatment. (Closed)

9/13 – Accident – Officers responded to a report of a hit and run in the Gazebo Lot. Upon arrival, officers spoke to the victim and obtained all pertinent information. (Closed)

9/14 – Departmental Information – A university employee reported a laptop missing from Nicholson Student Center. (Closed)

9/14 – Gas Leak – Landau Construction called reporting they hit a gas line while digging by the SCIS building. Officers responded and secured the area until the gas was shut off. Maintenance was notified and arranged to have the line fixed. (Closed)

9/14 – Student Conduct – A student called reporting someone had written profanity on a poster on his/her door. Residence Life is handling this situation. (Closed)

9/14 – Student Conduct – Residence Life staff reported an underage drinking party in Madison Hall. One student was cited for underage drinking and all others will be sent through Judicial Affairs for adjudication.  (Closed)

9/15 – Smell of Marijuana – Residence Life staff reported the smell of suspected marijuana in Washington Hall. Officers were unable to locate the source of the smell. (Closed)

9/15 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reporting fire alarm activation in Hamilton Hall. Upon arrival, officers found students had burnt food, setting off the smoke detector. (Closed)

9/16 – Trouble Alarm – Guardian reporting a power source alarm in Madison Hall. Officers notified maintenance of the problem. (Closed)

9/16 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reporting fire alarm activation in Lexington Hall. Upon arrival, officers found students had burnt food, setting off the smoke detector. (Closed)

9/16 – Fire Alarm – Guardian reporting fire alarm activation in Concord Hall. Upon arrival, officers found a student had taken a hot shower setting off the smoke detector. (Closed)

9/17 – Smell of Smoke – Allegheny County dispatch reporting a smell of smoke on Neville Island. Officers responded to the Island Sports Center and found everything to be fine. (Closed)

9/17 – Property Damage – Report of damage to a wall on the first floor of Braddock Hall. This incident is under investigation. (Open)

9/17 – Theft – A student came to Barry Center to report someone had taken his wallet from the men’s locker room in Jefferson Center. This incident is under investigation. (Open)

9/17 – Departmental Information – Officers assisted North Fayette Police in locating a student whose vehicle was involved in an accident in North Fayette Township.  (Closed)

9/18 – Departmental Information – Officers responded to Salem Hall for a report of someone defacing a flyer posted on a bulletin board. This incident is under investigation. (Open)

9/18 – Welfare Check – A mother called asking this department to check on her child who lives in Hancock Hall. Officers responded and found the student was having a conflict with their roommate. Residence Life will be handling any further incident. (Closed)

9/18 – Smell of Marijuana – Officers responded to Yorktown Hall for a reported smell of suspected marijuana. Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the source of the reported smell. (Closed)

9/19 – Accident – Student reporting their vehicle was hit while parked in the CFL lot causing damage to the rear driver side panel. (Closed)